banner

Monday, June 28, 2004

I knew it would happen. Lovely soft alpaca. GB was a saint to get it for me, and quite proud of himself. And when DSS asked to spin, I sat there, and with strength I didn't know I possessed, I did NOT rip his head off when he jammed up the wheel with overspun, wasted blobs of alpaca. I may have to go to the store myself for some cheap fiber.

I had no plans for it, and wouldn't have made plans for it if it had been cheap stuff, but that scrumptious alpaca is a nice grey that would just look stunning with some mohair locks I have lying around - blues and greens... A lovely soft, alpaca hat, with the mohair spun into the brim....

Yes, I must buy some cheap wool that I don't care for so DSS can play in safety, without my popping veins to avoid killing him. It's really best for all involved.

Shan't write much today. A very stiff neck, which I suspect is caused by the awkward angle of the computer here at work (I'll see if I can move it, but it doesn't look as though I can). And since I'd rather be sore and spinning, than sore here and too sore to spin later, I think you understand I must say adieu for now...

Had a lovely lovely lovely weekend (Saturday was blissful, and then a pleasant Sunday with my boys - Dodgeball is much funnier than it looks!) and I'll be daydreaming about it for the rest of the week at least...

Thoughts for the Day:

John Raudonis - “No one can be completely relaxed. Like a wind-up clock, a person can't tick without some tension.”

John Masefield - “I must down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life, To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife; And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow rover, And a quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's o”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.