banner

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

More SuperSag to the rescue: Faster than a bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Apparently, it's neither, merely a Sagittarian, under the intoxicating influence of the current tense alignment between Mars and Jupiter. This is causing you to feel as if you can solve any problem, conquer any opponent or push past any obstacle. Well, I say 'any'. Sadly, it is still not giving you quite the confidence you need to tackle one crucial issue. Because in this area you do not need to be heroic, you just need to be patient. That takes faith, not fury. Hmm... Gotta love that Jonathon Cainer...

Patience may be a virtue, but it's not one of mine. I want a career that I love, that is fulfilling spiritually and financially, and I want it now. (Actually, I want it six years ago, but I'm working on that "patience" thing) Ideally, I'd like to do something that allows me to speak for animals. I'd like to be the Lorax, as it were. I'd like for it to happen quickly and easily, without any proverbial "dues to be paid" as I was apparantly over-charged in the "dues" department for radio.

I took a career aptitude test online - one of those things that says "oh, you're good at this, this and this, you should be a multimillionaire!" except mine didn't say the multimillionaire part. It said my natural talents lead me to something that would blend communication with music and technology.

And in other news, the sky is blue (except in upstate New York, where it's mortuary grey).

Seriously, though I'm wondering if I could get a small business loan that would make it possible for me to get some land and alpacas, and spend all day with the animals? Anyone know anything about small business loans? Is it too much to ask that this be the one thing (aside from actually bearing children) that being female lends benefit too - being a "minority" business owner, and all... Maybe I should leave a hat out somewhere. All I'd need is $100k or so.... Think I could raise that in a yard sale? I've got LOADS of crap I could sell.

Oh, and I meant to comment on this yesterday, but got myself all riled up and forgot: someone on Bess's blog said that they liked Buckbeak in the new HP movie because he reminded her of her dog. This probably sounds funny to most... except that I watched the movie with tears in my eyes thinking of Oscar. I love the books, and mean to reread them for the millionth time before I take DSS to see the movie, but haven't done so since Oscar entered my life. So I hadn't made the connection with the books. And there I was, watching this story of this gigantic beast who entered Hagrid's life and was sentenced to death just because of a misunderstanding - because Draco behaved badly, and disrespectfully, and of course the animal must be the one who suffers in that scenario, right? This creature that wanted respect and love, and got disrespect and was treated as a viscious killer... well, I think anyone might draw some parallels between a hippogriff and my sweet pitbull... It saddens me how often animals are misunderstood, and punished simply because we choose to trust the human over them.

Thoughts for the Day:

Brian Tracy - “If you wish to achieve worthwhile things in your personal and career life, you must become a worthwhile person in your own self-development.”

Mark Sullivan - “To find a career to which you are adapted by nature, and then to work hard at it, is about as near to a formula for success and happiness as the world provides. One of the fortunate aspects of this formula is that, granted the right career has been found, the hard work takes care of itself. Then hard work is not hard work at all.”

Gary Sinise - “Careers, like rockets, don’t always take off on schedule. The key is to keep working on the engines.”

Cary Grant - “I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or he became me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.