banner

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

There's a lot of talk about the big Venus transit today. Both on the science aspect and the spiritual, I find it quite interesting, although I think I missed my chance at seeing it because I was stuck in this stuffy radio station.

Scientifically, the big deal is that no one alive now has seen it before, since it's been 120 years since the Venus transit last occurred. If you look at our measured statistics, it happened twice a century in the 1600s, 1700s, and 1800s, but not at all in the 1900s. That's six times in the past four hundred years. It's predicted to happen again in 2012, and then not until 2117.

Astrologers are pretty excited about it, too. Supposedly, this is a sign that the world is on an "upswing" where the selfishness and really deplorable behavior we've seen for the past... decades, I suppose... will be fading out, and right behavior will be on an uprise. The next 8 years - until the next Venus Transit - are supposed to be lucky, positive, and good for humanity.

Hmmm... I guess that means Venus is voting for Kerry.

Depending on how strong the pull of Venus is, it might even be able to take the demons out of radio...

I'm knitting with bamboo now. There's a new yarn made out of bamboo fibers, that feels amazing. It has the stiffness of linen, and is as slippery as milkweed, soft as can be, and is so lightweight, I can't feel it on my needles. It's quite an experience, and I can't decide what stitch pattern I want to use...

Was just reminded of something: "You know you're a knitter when you can't sleep because you get excited counting sheep... and thinking of all that wool"


Thoughts for the Day:

Robinson Jeffers - “I believe that the universe is one being, all its parts are different expressions of the same energy, and they are all in communication with each other, therefore parts of one organic whole. (This is physics, I believe, as well as religion.) The parts change and pass, or die, people and races and rocks and stars; none of them seems to me important it itself, but only the whole. The whole is in all its parts so beautiful, and is felt by me to be so intensely in earnest, that I am compelled to love it, and to think of it as divine. It seems to me that this whole alone is worthy of the deeper sort of love; and that there is peace, freedom, I might say a kind of salvation, in turning one's affections outward toward this one God, rather than inwards on one's self, or on humanity, or on human imaginations and abstractions - the world of the spirits.”

Scott Raymond Adams - “Methods for predicting the future: 1) read horoscopes, tea leaves, tarot cards, or crystal balls ... collectively known as 'nutty methods;' 2) put well-researched facts into sophisticated computer ... commonly referred to as 'a complete waste of time.'”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.