banner

Thursday, July 08, 2004

I have developed the ideal situation for spinning.

You see, when I knit, Aslan likes to sit next to me, often with his cheek resting on the ball of yarn, always purring away.

When I spin, this system is altered, and he's been quite bothered by his lack of mommy companion time.

So he's decided he will sit with me while I spin. I like this system. We sit in the arm chair, me towards the edge of it, with exactly the room that one furry cat would need, and he sits either behind me, with his feet pushing into my lower back, or sometimes on the big puffy arm. This position is less frequent, because if Oscar runs through the room and bumps the chair, one is likely to slip off the arm in ones sleep, if one doesn't have claws with which to hold on.

But when Oscar settles down, he wants to be clear that he loves me as much as Aslan does, and even though he's not allowed on the chair with us (only cats and people are allowed on furniture, because dogs don't respect personal space properly, at least the ones that live with me don't) he wants to share in the fun. So he'll lay down beside Fiona-the-wonder-wheel on the floor, and lick my toes.

Fiona is a double treadle, so I'll be working both legs, each very slowly (though I am thinking of adding ankle weights for some cardio) and if one has a quick, pitbull-like tongue, one can lick mom's toes each time her right foot treadles down.

So there I am, spinning away, with a cat purring behind me, a dog kissing below me, and the realization that some people never experience joy like this...
Thoughts for the Day:

Robert B. Reich - “A leader is someone who steps back from the entire system and tries to build a more collaborative, more innovative system that will work over the long term.”

Unknown - “The thing that counts most in the pursuit of happiness is choosing the right companion.”

Proverb - “Shared joy is double joy and shared sorrow is half-sorrow.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.