banner

Saturday, July 03, 2004

I never post on Saturdays, normally. I decided to today, why?

Because I can.

Last night, I got home from work and dug around in the massive fiber pile in the living room for a while. I spun for a little, then plied some of the things I'd spun before (the tweedy-blue and grey for GB's hat). I don't know why, but I have a very hard time plying. Spinning itself I've taken to quite well, I think. Obviously not expert yarn, but for the most part I'm doing better than I would have expected after only a few weeks. Most of my plying attempts look as though I was plying while simultaneously playing a tennis match, being successful at either. But I plied this VEERRRRRYYYY slowly, and it turned out okay. GB will love me anyway, so it'll do. I went to bed around 10pm, snuggled with Aslan for a while (who stands on the end of the bed and yells if I don't come to bed when he's decided it's bedtime.) But I wasn't asleep by 11:30, still thinking about fiber, so I got up and spun for another hour more. Why?

Because I can.

I slept until about 8 am this morning. Why?

Because I can.

Oscar went outside in his groggy little not-a-morning-dog way, and Aslan and I watched Wimbeldon while I spun some silk. Yummy, lovely silk, that I think will be a shawl for me eventually. It's spinning so smoothly, and the color changes are just breathtaking (though I must say, I said to myself "I know this isn't Jen's work" because of the sections where the color didn't saturate properly....). It's so much fun to see how the color changes just by being spun. What on the roving looks like a bland brown gets spun into a coppery sheen...

We had ice cream for breakfast. Why?

Oh, come on, you're smart enough to see the trend.

That's right.

Because I can.

The boys will be back this afternoon. I've got a few hours of "me time" left. So right now, I'm going back to spinning my silk.

Yup.

Because I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.