banner

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Six months ago today I married my best friend.

More than that.

More than six months ago.

More than married.

More than best friend.

The moment I heard my first love story, I started looking for him. When I found him, I almost convinced myself that I in no way deserved to be one of the few who found someone who was truly a soul mate, and I almost walked away. But I looked into his eyes and saw that no force on this earth - certainly not myself - could end what there is between us. My heart married him long ago. It could all end tomorrow, and I would be one of the most blessed people on the planet. It could not end for a billion years, and I won't have had enough of him.

But six months ago we had a big, beautiful party - a party that was everything I could have asked for - during which my brother (a minister) stood up and asked everyone there to bless us. And GB said some things (the Diana Gabaldon quote below) and I said some things (also quoting from another book of Diana Gabaldon's actually) and we danced, and fed each other a bite of cake (the only wedding cake I had that day) all in a beautiful bed and breakfast that made my fantasies come true.

Because that man is every fantasy I could ever have.

Happy "halfiversary", Googly Bear. I love you...

... longer than that.

Thoughts for the Day:

Book of Common Prayer - “With this Ring I thee wed, with my body I thee worship, and with all my worldly goods I thee endow.”

Diana Gabaldon in Outlander - Blood of my Blood, and Bone of my Bone. I give ye my Body, that we Two might be One. I give ye my Spirit, 'til our Life shall be Done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.