banner

Friday, July 16, 2004

Temptation, thy name is Adrienne Vittadini.
 
I saw this tank top in a magazine a few months ago.  It burned into my brain with the heat of a thousand suns.  And then when Eilene had me touch her Rowan Calmer yarn (I swear, she was like a dealer - "go on - just touch it!  It''ll make you feeeelll gooodd...") I knew that it belonged with the pattern for this tank. 
 
I like the two blues shown on the model.  But also maybe a pink and orange... and lavendar and plum... Red and burgandy?  I'm thinking Blush & Flamingo, Chiffon & Joy, Slosh & Tinkerbell, and Amour & Coral....
 

I can't help it, it just makes me shiver! I want one in each colorway! Posted by Hello
 
In other news....
 
umm...
 
yeah, nothing.
 
Trying to finish the tank, to work myself ever closer to the end of the fiber diet (new running tally at the bottom of my WIPs chart in the sidebar - I have to complete at least half of the projects I have up there now before I can buy new yarn or start a new project.)
 
Just joined Audible, and I'm about 2/3 through The Time Traveler's Wife, which I'm really enjoying. 
 
GB got a refresher course in knitting, so he can take his cotton and needles when he goes to Boston for work next week.  He's making dishclothes.
 
Blogger changed it's format for posting again, and I swear it took me till this far down on the post to figure it out.
 
Oh, and according to the screen, I have a comment from a few days ago, and I can't seem to see it, so if you commented, I'm not ignoring you, but there is a tagboard just to the right here, and you're welcome to post here.  
 
Work is .... dull, irritating, frustrating, boring, un-satisfying....  No need to continue, I think.
 
So there we have it.
 
Maybe I'll become inspired with depth later on and post something.
 
Or maybe I'll be too busy dreaming about this tank....
 
I can't give in... I can't give in... I can't give in....
 
Thoughts of the Day:
 
Earl Wilson - “Ever notice that the whisper of temptation can be heard farther than the loudest call to duty.”
 
Matthew Henry - “Many a dangerous temptation comes to us in fine gay colours that are but skin-deep.”
 
Orlando A. Battista - “Temptations, unlike opportunities, will always give you second chances.”





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.