banner

Monday, August 09, 2004

Know what I did all weekend?

VacuumingDustingMoppingSweepingCleaning The ToiletWashing Dishes

And I was going to say Laundry but who are we kidding? I don't do laundry.

Three carloads of stuff went to Good Will and the dump, and I'm ready to keep going. I completely cleared out a room that we haven't been able to use since I moved in because it was floor to ceiling boxes. There's still some stuff in there, but it's about 10% full, compared to the 99.995% full it was before.

I spun for about an hour, and knit maybe 10 rows, not counting an hour spent detangling a ball of yarn that Oscar had killed a few months ago, and in a fit of anger I tossed into the spare room because I wasn't emotionally able to untangle it. There's still another ball tangled up in the mess, but I'll work on that later. I kept muttering "You're lucky I let you live" to Oscar while I was untangling, and he'd just wag his tail timidly. OH! I forgot! I did an entire bag Saturday night! Using some of the yarn from my KR Secret Pal, I designed a felted bag to put GBs mail in while he's gone. Did the whole thing on the fly, no pattern, no chart, even did the lettering at whim... of course, I don't have a pic, that'll have to wait until GB comes back with his camera (I could get another disposable, but I think we've learned that me taking the picture doesn't seem to include me getting the picture developed, so it's best to just wait for it to be free, I think... eh, we'll see...) I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.

But how about a picture of something I did a while ago! This is the superwash merino I spun up.
I'll try to get a picture of the "plaid wannabe" that this was knit into.... Posted by Hello I think it turned out pretty well - it feels great too!

Tomorrow night I'm leading the program for the Annapolis Knitting Guild - we're going to do spinning! I'm bringing Fiona, and have a sample of roving, a sample of batting, and a sample of top, with enough top for everyone to try to spin a little bit. I think tonight I'll re-watch the Patsy Z videos, and maybe make copies of a wheel diagram for everyone. I'm really looking forward to it.

I found out yesterday that GB won't be able to come back from his business trip until next Monday at the earliest, maybe Tuesday. Can someone please explain to me why the PGA Championship is a matter of national security? I mean, I know we're proud of Tiger and all, but please...

Tee Off 2Prison GuardPutting

I want my husband back!I Love You

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

It seems that everyone was doing something other than knitting this weekend. I guess that happens in the summer--or atleast when you are not stuck inside by the snow!

11:17 AM  
Blogger caramelknits said...

You busy girl, you! Good job clearing out what sounds like a very full room!

Hope DH returns to you very soon for lots of lovin.' I hate it when my DH leaves on business, but it's very rare. I feel for ya. :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Hey Amie!
Thank you so much for stopping by my site! I am very excited to be coming to Maryland. We'll be moving in on Saturday, so by the middle of next week we should be pretty settled!
Im very excited about coming, I will definitely look you up when we are there... expect a message from me sometime next week!

In the meantime, do you mind coming to PA and cleaning out my apartment?!?!

Hope your hubby gets back soon!
Meg

4:41 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

is the room you're cleaning out going to get to be a knitting/spinning studio? how fun...!

i love the pink/yellow color combo you've posted, too. if you need a business partner in raising alpaca, just let me know. i visited lightfoot farms in maine, and decided that could be my true calling!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.