banner

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Laughing Baby A Birth Announcement!!! Laughing Baby

Height: 2 feet-ish
Weight: Under 10 pounds
Hair: none, it dusted right off
Name: Hmm... um... here's where I need your help. I'm looking for something old fashioned and very delicate sounding. I'll know it when I hear it, I just haven't hit on it yet...

Here's another shot of her meeting big sister Fiona, and being inspected by Trevor and Aslan, the neighborhood bomb-search cats. It's okay, she's safe.

Notice her pale color here, quite similar to Fiona's maple. This is how she came home from the antique mall (I mean... baby wheel hospital). But with a wave of my (sponge) wand and some cleverly chanted spells...

Magic Wand Magic Magic Wand



All I did was put one liberal coat of Teak Oil on (GB suggested Linseed oil, but the Teak had fewer health warnings, so I went with it.) It looks like I stained it, but I promise, the oil was the color of Olive Oil, and that's all that I used! Worked wonders, I think.



We'll wait a few days and give her at least one more coat.



10 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

What a cute wheel!! Perhaps something pretty and delicate--Rose? or Grace? Just a couple of suggestions!!

3:45 PM  
Blogger xmasberry said...

gorgeous! the oild really broughht out the wood's beauty. right now, i am partial to the names agatha, or agnes, although another favorite (my favorite great aunt's name), and from the other end of the alphabet, is zeola

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, what a lovely wheel! She looks like a Rose, or a Flora, to me.

Verna

4:06 PM  
Blogger xmasberry said...

um, normally, i can type (kind of) i just have too many computers on my desk today.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lissa here. How lovely! If you want alliteration, how about Felicity? Fanny? Florence? Felicia? She also looks like an Amelia or a Cordelia to me. But what do I know - I'm Phantaseia's mom!

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice aquisition, A treasure for sure. "Rose in Xanadu"
my Best for today Helene M. Diener
(still thinking on that Yoga shawl. Your wedding was BEAUTIFUL. (I guess on KR caps is shouting.)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

*sniff* She's beautiful! Absolutely beautiful. I'm not much with names, but she does look like a Rose, or maybe an Ophelia. I'm sure with time the perfect name will make itself known to you. Congratulations!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Since she looks like a Kromski, and therefore of a Slavic heritage, I suggest Katerina. Not "exactly" old fashioned, but a graceful name for a graceful wheel.

8:18 AM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

I love your new baby :) Amazing what a little TLC can do. I wish I knew how to spin. I can't even figure out the spindle thing. I may have to go to the fall fiber festival just to see how its done. Happy spinning!!!

9:10 PM  
Blogger purlewe said...

She is very nice... Gorgeous lines. How about Rowena? Or Clotilda.. or Chloe? I've always been partial to Jeanna (Jenna) but that isn't exactly old fashioned.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.