banner

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Alright, everyone who's smarter than me... (so, "everyone"):

I tried about 87 different ways to get the blasted thing onto my tool bar on Internet Explorer. No luck. I finally decided to try AOL (yes, go ahead, scream, we use AOL and darn it, we like it, so all you computer geeks who hate it may now take a moment to scream "A-O-L? more like A-O-HELL?" and all those witty anti-AOL things you computer geeks scream...)
Screamer
Done?
Shock 3
Good.

Now.

When I decided to try AOL, (no more screaming, you had your chance) I was able to drag the "Easy Subscribe Bookmarklet" thingy into the tool bar.

After much chanting and chest pounding and lifting of heavy things in demonstration of my prowess, I remembered my Southern Gentiility and sat back down to then go about adding people to my list.

I went to a website. I clicked my handy-dandy Easy Subscribe Bookmarklet button. And it popped up with 45 other blogs it "thought I might be interested in"... Now, many of these blogs were on the ROAK ring or other places that I wanted to add anyway, so I clicked okay for those, and went on to the next site I wanted to add...

It never gave me a screen again offering me the option to add blogs to my list. Figuring that maybe that person was not signed up with Bloglines, I went on to another blog. Actually about 15 other blogs.

I got "please verify your address" I got "please add our button to your blog" (four times) and a variety of other options, none of which were "do you want to add this site to your list?"
In The Garbage
So now what am I doing wrong?

Don't tell me...

I broke the internet.
Wow

8 Comments:

Blogger xmasberry said...

okay, don't get upset if i am asking the obvious, but you are clicking on your bookmarklet at each of these blogs when you visit them, right?

1:08 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

yup

I go to the page, I click the button, and I get "please add our Bloglines button" or something else that is NOT "do you want to add this to your list"

1:19 PM  
Blogger xmasberry said...

crud. i do not get that. but i am in a different browser and on a different platform with no access right now to a PC. do you have to click on anything to make the button go away? grr. i wish i could see your screen.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Save yourself any further headaches and download Firefox. I'd almost swear it came with a "Subscribe with Bloglines" button already installed (but in case it didn't I did check to make sure I didn't fib about it being easy to add).

No comment on AOL :)

2:09 PM  
Blogger KnitSteph said...

One reason you might not have gotten it to work with IE is that you may have your toolbar locked. At the top of your IE screen click "view" and look at the list, if there's a check next to "lock toolbars" then your toolbar is locked and you can't add to it.

You'll just need to click that again to unlock it.

2:18 PM  
Blogger xmasberry said...

may i second Jill again! i love firefox!

2:29 PM  
Blogger La said...

What I found I had to do was go into the tab "my feeds", and once there click on "add". Then I opened up another browser window went to the blog I wanted to add, copied the web addy, then pasted it into the "add" window.

At the bottom of your "my feeds" list, there's a pile of words, one of which is "recommendations" (probably spelled correctly). Click on that, and recommended feeds will pop up into the wide window to the right of your feeds list.

I hope this helps. The bookmarklet only works on my home computer.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Hey Amie - I'll make it a little easier for you. If you try a search on knitting, then you can just click on subscribe on the ones you want.

I started last sunday to methodically go through the KR ring to add all those, but I didn't finish. If you like you can see my subscriptions here: http://www.bloglines.com/public/cpikas
Scroll way down for knitting :) - you can export my subscriptions and import them into your account.
My blog also has a subscribe in bloglines link on the right hand side...

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.