banner

Monday, October 25, 2004

Well, clearly Sarah Elizabeth is the only one of you with any sense. Everyone else says "oh, cute story" Sarah Eliz? She's got her priorities straight. Cute story, my butt, what did you BUY????

Okay, here you go. My picture of self-restraint.

Trevor is in there chewing on the plastic bag for scale. He's about 10 pounds. Notice how he looks like a week old kitten next to the stash? The stash and the cat are sitting on the very large couch that seats quite comfortably two adults, a large-for-his-age twelve-year-old, two cats, and if mom's feeling really depressed, a pitbul, too. You can't see much of that couch when the stash is on it. Really, I found my self-control highly impressive. That's several ounces of loose fiber from Jen, some more of that Polworth, the Polworth/angora blend, and the mauve CVM that I bought at VA (didn't I already have enough for a shawl? Yes. Shut up.) I also splurged on those amazing robins-egg-blue/lavendar braids of 50% Merino/ 50% silk. I bought two of the three. I think the third might follow me home from the Knitters Review Retreat. There's also an 8 ounce braid that's 80% Merino/ 20% Cashmere. Got a discount because it fell apart in the dye bath. Don't tell Jen, but hello, it's still just as amazing and gorgeous and I feel a little guilty for getting it at the cheaper price. Okay, I'm over it. Also from Jen is a 4 oz bag of yummy Cormo, hunter green and a sort of dove grey blended in. Springiest fun thing ever. The two huge plastic bags are 8 ounce samples of Moorit, which I've not spun yet, but are sinfully soft. I'm told the sheep they came from are puppy friendly, too, and Shelia has played fondly with them, as Jen happened to set up next to the booth that sold me those and are friends with Shelia! There's natural colors of white, tan, chocolate and black, and a lovely hat and scarf set is in their future, I think.

I've already spun a full bobbin (well, a full braid, I could get more on the bobbin if I wanted) of the merino/silk, so I'll try to get pictures of that up later. But for your entertainment, this is what I look at all day long (while listening to audio files):

Knitters Review, my little spinning wheel (named Pixie) a ball of yarn that I carded and Bess spun on a spindle at last year's retreat, and the scarf that I had in my purse all weekend long but forgot to ever actually pin on.

And GB was gone all weekend, but is likely to return home tonight and promises to bring me a brother or sister for little Pixie - says he found a little brass sweetie in an antique shop that he knew I had to have. Not a bad guy, that GB.
Circle Of Hearts

3 Comments:

Blogger IndigoMuse said...

Mmmmmm, yummy roving. I wish I could figure out how to spin. I tried with my little homemade spindle but I think I need to watch someone who knows what they're doing demonstrate it for me first. In the meantime, I'll just drool all over the keyboard at your delicious stash - slurp :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Hi Amie :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! Im glad i'm not the only crazy having spinning dreams!!

I love your spinning and I am so impressed with what you do! I'm hoping to get a wheel in the next month or so... we should have a spinning party!

Thanks for telling us that tale!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Jensgalore said...

Gotta love the stash. :) I tend to pull mine out every so often and fondle the skeins, whilst debating projects. Then I'll decide nothing is good enough for yarn so soft and beautiful and I need to improve my skills more. So, it keeps growing! I'm going to have to get a larger box.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.