banner

Friday, December 31, 2004

MWF ISO RGY 4st/in

Um, that would be Married White Female in search of "Ravens Gold" Yarn with a gauge of 4 stitches per inch.

I foolishly thought I could make a hat for my husband that was "pretty". No. "Pretty" is not manly, and while I got the polite "um, yeah, I'd wear it" the more enthusiastic response was when GB noticed that the colors I had chosen were almost Baltimore Ravens colors.
RavensFootball 4
So instead of a fair isle cap with black and white and this purple
and this lovely cobalt blue
GB must have Baltimore Ravens colors, and of course the blue doesn't work for that. So now I'm on a hunt for a gold that will work. The place I ordered the other yarns (Little Knits) has a great sale on Cascade yarns, but doesn't seem to carry the gold that I'd like, and since gold isn't a color I use a lot, and I probably need a quarter of a ball for this hat, I'm not really interested in paying $9 plus shipping for the durned thing.

Don't feel bad for the blue. It's now a hat for DSS's mom. Well, it's now two-thirds of a hat for DSS's mom. And frankly, by the time you read this, it might even be a full hat, since it's here with me at work. Last year I knit her a scarf for Christmas, and I realized suddenly that I hadn't given her a Christmas gift this year. We're in each other's lives, and it's an awkward enough relationship, me being far more happily married to GB than she ever was, and having a great relationship with her kid to boot. So I try to be as friendly as I can without having to actually be friends with her, which would be way too weird and requires a much higher level of maturity than I possess. In any event, I'll try to take pictures of the hat tonight, so you can see on Monday, since it will go home with DSS tomorrow.


Oh, one more thing --
Happy New YearNew Year Cheer 2Happy New Year
Ah, New Year's... when the whole world gets together to wish me happy anniversary...
January 1st

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh - I've been waiting for you to update this morning and just when I'd given up and was about to get down to work there you are! Happy New Year's Eve Day! Hope you have a great one and a hope 2005 is good to you.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh - my name might help - Jessica http://tangledyarn.typepad.com

9:23 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary!! Here's hoping you have a wonderful new year! Good luck on that gold-it's such a fun color to try to match!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

H A P P Y A N N I V E R S A R Y ! ! !

Lots of Love and hugs from the Girls in PA

11:48 AM  
Blogger vi said...

happy happy anniversary
may you be as happy as my dh and I are.
vi

2:50 PM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

Feliz Anniversario, Amie. May you have many, many more. BTW, thanks for the Ashford Traditional tip. You've convinced me to wait to see if Barbara can see me on Tuesday. I'd love to try before I buy. However, if she's not open, I'm just going to make a decision. And I haven't joined the Spinning Wheel because I still don't think of myself as a "real" spinner yet (she says sheepishly).

Tanya

5:32 PM  
Blogger Amy Boogie said...

Your anniversary??
I thought it was my belated B'day celebration!!
Happy Anniversary and may you have many many more!

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and hugs

to you Amie and Ken

shaggy

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.