banner

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Thoughts on the Way to Work This Morning

Oh, my GOSH! Mine too!

Why is it only raining on my car?

I think I've spun about 3 ounces of that alpaca.

Who decided it was cool to speak into a cell phone by holding it six inches from your head and looking bored?

We have a chain of windshield washers six cars long all because we keep over-shooting. They can build a car that senses road conditions and they can't build a washer-squirter that only hits the one car.

Skiddemerinky Dinky Dink Skiddermerinky Doo Iiiii Loooove Yooouuuu

B's gonna be at work today so I'd better be really productive.

Linda Ligon says "weaved" and "spinned"... nope, still sounds stupid to me. Wove, spun, and knit.

I don't think I've touched David's afghan since Christmas. I should probably do some of that this weekend.

Huh, why is Celeste STILL out? It's okay, I like Amy better.

I remember listening to the radio for the music, not the jocks.... vaguely...

I think that was the best job I've ever done waxing my eyebrows...

Socks are an awful lot to take on at the next guild meeting... I'll send an e-mail to Sandy to see if we can break it down a little...

I need a sign, to help me find a way... I hate this song...

Wow, when they say "Wide Load", they mean wide load!

I wonder what time GB will be home...

I need a better job.

I-way eed-nay a-way etter-bay ob-jay.

I-vish ne-vish-eed a-vish be-vish-ter-vish jo-vish-ob.

Actually I should do a little more work on my left eyebrow, I think...

If I work on the TSC Shawl and David's afghan all this month, maybe I can start a summer sweater for me by mid-February...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours Spent Knitting: 7
Rows Completed (of 222): 10
Estimated Time of Completion: 317.14 hours

6 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

317 hours to finish the TSC shawl? Yikes. THAT is discouraging. But it will be beautiful when it is finally finished. Maybe the speed will increase as you do more rows and become more familiar with the pattern (she says hopefully).

12:14 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Ah, but if you look at the design, there really isn't a pattern, because they're making specific shapes... repeats across the row, but not repeats from row to row - nearly every row is different. The good news is that I'll start making the decreases soon, so the rows will get start getting shorter (you start with the clam-shell/scalloped edging, knit that, then start decreasing along the center to make the triangle shape.)

12:25 PM  
Blogger xmasberry said...

i don't think i could think about the total number of hours it took me to do a project beforehand, at least not on a big project. i'd be okay with figuring it out afterwards, but before? nope. i-way eed-nay a-way etter-bay ob-jay, oo-tay!

12:57 PM  
Blogger purlewe said...

you really and truly crack me up. Damn grrrl, how did you get inside my head?

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee Hee Hee - I smell a need for some Prozac!

Amie - I never knew that you had an amuzment park inside your head!
You crack me up!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops - the last one was from Nancita :-)
(It takes one to know one!)

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.