banner

Friday, January 21, 2005

Triple Threat!


Aslan the cat (warming by heater) Aslan the sock (showing little progress) and Aslan the Mouse (cat toy extraordinaire)


The TSC Shawl got a little attention, too. I think it's going to be pretty, you know, when my children finish it for me. The yarn is a little more gold knit up than the sandy yellow it seems to be on the ball, but I think it's quite nice.




Jen sent me this adorable calendar. I LOVE it, Jen! I'll keep all my knitting guild/teaching appointments in there.

It's filled with cute cartoons like this one:


I had another class this morning, the same two students from Tuesday. The one who's just whizzing along discussed with me some future projects, and she'll come prepared to start one of them next time. I've been thinking she was about 18, both from her appearance and the fact that she said she was in college. She mentioned today having a 12 year old son. Geez.

The one who was having such a hard time Tuesday (the leftie) continued to have a hard time. She spent the past few days practicing cast on, and got that alright. We spent the entire two hours working on just the knit stitch today. I would say "put the needle in, wrap the yarn around it, pull the needle back out, and slide the stitch off" and she would say "Got it!" then put the needle in, wrap the yarn, and slide the stitch off.... for an hour and a half straight. I even wrote down the four steps, and she still struggled. She's really completely unaware of what her body is doing, it's bizarre. My patience is trying, but I refuse to give up, and while I don't consider myself overly patient, I do consider myself overly stubborn. This woman will knit if it's the last thing I do.

In the last fifteen minutes of the class she was able to knit without me talking her through each step, and she'll keep working on that. I'm thinking we'll wait and not head into purl in the next class, until she's 150% solid on casting on and knitting. Whew. What a work out.

And a few people asked why I didn't post yesterday. I'm sure you know my politics. I was miserable, and sad, and ashamed and unhappy, and was trying to practice the "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" school of thought. There is only one thing I have to say nice about our government as it stands now, and as I fear it will become in the next four years. That one nice thing is that the number in my sidebar goes down every day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours Spent Knitting: 10
Rows Completed (of 222): 19
Estimated Time of Completion: 116.84 hours

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

I understand *completely* your discomfort with yesterday's activities in DC. While I normally vote Republican (think what you will), this past election really had me in a quandary. Unfortunately, the result is that I did not cast a vote period. I am thinking that possibly Kerry would have been better (I do know your politics) ... and I definitely fear for the future of the US. Especially when I now hear them talking about Iran being a problem. Have I mentioned that I have two young (20 & 24) sons?

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.