banner

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

As you know, I've been working on the St. Patrick's Socks. I brought them with me to work on Friday, intending to knit furiously on them. Instead, I discovered that my "desk project" (a hat in Calmer) had a cable that twisted the wrong way seven rows down. That didn't matter until the row I was on, and so I decided to drop just that section and reknit it, rather than ripping the yarn.

Call me crazy.




But darned if it didn't work!



ALL BETTER!!!


Oh, and the socks?

I realized too late that I should have had GB bring the camera into the dentist's office Saturday morning, because there I was, flat on my back, jaw wide, smoke coming out of my mouth...

knitting.

The dentist got a kick out of it, and I suspect it would have made an amusing photo.

But Saturday night, I had two bonefide socks - at least up to the heel.



Sunday I was knitter down, struck by pretty bad migraines (which may have stemmed from the three hours of dental work, plus the anesthesia flowing through my system, and my husband accidentally elbowing me in the jaw Saturday night when he stood up to get me a drink.) So I barely got two rows done then...

But last night... well, I won't say I'm tickled pink with the cable... but maybe tickled green???



I WILL have these done by Thursday. Ha.

And then I came into work today and was met by the door by AC, my boss, and a talk host asking if I was pregnant. (I'm really very not.)

Seems GB had a vase of red roses delivered for me. You'll see pictures tomorrow maybe.

Maybe I'm supposed to pass them onto another Amy?

4 Comments:

Blogger erica said...

Amie, I'm so impressed knitting in the dentist's chair. I usually have those silly glasses on in the dentist's chair and can't see through them. I'm glad that you were able to knit through the procedure. Hopefully you're on the mend and will be back to full teeth capacity very soon. :)

The socks are amazing, the cable is more amazing than I even expected. I must learn how to knit socks with two circulars so that I can knit a pair of socks quicker than I do now. When the socks are my only project and they are a gift, then I can usually knit them in a weekend, funny how when they are for myself they take a long time.
erica :)
http://erica-lee.org/knit/blog/archive.html

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told the lady "A-M-I-E" so they're definitely for you. Happy 440 !!!

@---}-------------

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the flowers are for????

Just cuz you are the adorible you!

:-)


Nancita

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear someone besides me knits while at the dentist! Your socks are such a beautiful color. That tinking down a few rows is kind of tricky, but it is a wonderful technique upon occassion!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.