banner

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

My Hands Can Do Amazing Things...

My hands can evoke various happy noises and wiggles from these three fellas

(yes, Oscar is curled up in a pile of knitting bags)


My hands can get this far on the toe of a pair of socks while my mouth is answering a doctor's questions about my health. (no test results yet)


My hands can discern, while my eyes cannot, that I am knitting these socks with two different sized needles (a 0 and a 1) and can do so in disagreeance with a (warped) plastic needle gauge.


My hands can NOT, however, make these:

Knitting needles with handmade clay (sculpy) sheep tips.

A friend on Knitters Review makes these as a hobby, and is thinking she's going to start selling them... $15 a pair, and you can even request specific color sheep! How cool is that???
Here's a better shot of another of her sheep:

If you need a pair of these like I needed a pair (or three) of these, put "Sheepy Needles" in the subject line of an e-mail to blwinteler AT cox DOT net

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amie, you are too kind! Thank you for the ad :)
(and David, I love your word for them - phenomefunkily COOL. thank you :P)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Amie:

I hope all the tests turn out well. You need your energy for more knitting. I love the needles. I'm Very lucky to have a friend from Maine who makes me needles that I love too. Your puppy and kittys are very cute. When I saw the dog's photo all I could think was here kitty kitty.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love those sheepie needles and i don't even like knitting with straight needles very often anymore. but i would make an exception for those! knitting is such a calming thing in doctor's offices. here is sending good thoughts your way.

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute needles indeed, you're tempting all of us. Looks like you scored big at the festival. I love the Bluefaced Leicester colourways and the Cormo looks like it has a nice crimp.

Sandra

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.