banner

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I'm a Bad Mommy

We had a pretty bad storm last night. I was headed to one of my knit nights that's about 10 minutes from my house. When I pulled out of the drive I had sunglasses on, when I got to the group, I had the sunglasses off and headlights on. It was pouring, thundering and lightening (lighteninging?) by the time I left less than two hours later.

Things were fine at home - I had made some yummy no-iodine white bread, and GB was munching away on that (Trevor and Oscar asked to have some as well, but resident food critic Aslan came over and tried to "cover" my plate. Cat owners know what that means). But then the storm started getting worse. We tried to send Oscar to bed, but he wanted to be near us. After a particularly loud crash of thunder, Trevor ran off somewhere (to check that something else was safe, I'm sure, my little guy wasn't scared).

We finally got Oscar to bed and went off to sleep ourselves, Aslan (the fearless, who won't even get out of the way of the vacuum cleaner, let alone be frightened of a little thing like thunder) snuggled next to me.

This morning when I woke up I wandered around for a while, then heard a cry.

"Trevor?"

Cat 7 Rooow!

"Trevor, where are you?"

Cat 7Rooooooooowwwww!

I checked the drier. No Trevor. I checked the bedroom and under the bed. No Trevor.

Then I realized where the noise was coming from.
Oscar's room.

Holy shit.

Had we seriously locked a frightened pitbull and a frightened cat alone in a room overnight?

New family rule, cats get counted before Oscar goes to bed.

Now I was worried about Trevor. I mentioned the incident to my brother, and he was worried about Oscar. But I am happy to report that both are fine, happy, and not at all bleeding, and I can even offer these pictures (taken this morning, after the discovery) as proof:

in this corner, weighing in at 55 lbs and able to lift his mommy off her feet, Oscar Tobias!!!

In this corner, weighing in at 8 lbs and able to open a kitchen cabinet with his bare paws,
Trevor Miguel!!!



And in this corner, because he started yelling when mom took pictures of the others and not of him, and then acted coy when I actually did point the camera at him, weighing in at 7 lbs and able to get his chest hair caught in his mouth, Aslan Bernard!


So everyone's fine and happy and I will recover from these guilty feelings any day now. Though I wish I had pictures of what happened in that room, because I have a feeling they slept curled up together.


Oh, and Bobby thinks I should be tossed overboard for committed the treasonous act of knitting with novelty yarn. If I may declare Parlay (or whatever) my defense would be that 1. I wasn't knitting, I was sort of crocheting, and since I don't do that, my defense would clearly be temporary insanity. and 2. it was at least a Patons brand novelty yarn, and they have bonefide 100% wools and stuff, so it's not like it was (not)Fun(not)Fur.

4 Comments:

Blogger vi said...

what no fishies pictures?
sniff
vi who misses the goldfish
they ARE part of the family you know

5:57 PM  
Blogger vi said...

david dear...... at my house....
one of the little furry darlings ( if not all of the laperms) will help you in the bathroom......
if you make the mistake of having to sit..... well the granny cat will gently nip your butt....
if you are so foolish as to stand........
well can you say....
'dangling cat toys'

vi
maybe your nephew trevor ain't so bad?

9:15 PM  
Blogger StarKnits said...

LOL poor trevor! maybe they comforted each other! LOL we may never know! i loved your story! LOL

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you didn't set them on fire. I still haven't gotten over our kitty catching fire on some candles I had lit several months ago. I still think she was never aware of her flaming tail.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.