banner

Friday, June 10, 2005

Time Travel: a love story

Yesterday we were waxing poetic about the Age of Aquarius.


Today....


Today we find we've got back in time over 150 years...

(notice Fiona watching with interest as her baby sister is delivered)

As our fairy sprite arrives at last!!!




She left a little mess on the floor, but I did manage to clean it up before playing with her for a little (no easy task with the air conditioner and two cats -
one of whom knocked over the box full of peanuts three times before I convinced him that wasn't conducive to his surviving the day)



But after a brief period of thinking I had a part leftover, I got her set up, and put together.
TA-DA!

It's definitely going to take some adapting to get her to spin well. I'm not used to the tensioning system at all, or to single-treadles, and her parts could use a little oiling and fiddling to get them set up right, but she'll get lots of tender loving care this weekend...

And I might take breaks of spinning on the ancient beauty to celebrate free love with some psychadelic lace, too.

OH! I almost forgot!!!
Birthday Surprise Party

My very favorite stepson EVER turns 13 today!!!

(and happy millionth anniversary, Mom & Dad!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're just getting started! 38 years and counting...
Love,
Mom

4:16 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

Congratulations, Rose! Your Fairy Sprite looks like she's going to be great fun. I know for sure that she found a good home! Hey, and also, I don't remember the details, but you were definitely in my dream last night. Don't know why, but you were!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.