banner

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Where's Godot already????

This week I've been waiting....

And waiting....

And waiting...

I finally ordered my computer, and it's been sitting on a FedEx truck for several days now. Not in my house, some truck somewhere.

I did finish the multi-directional scarf "on time," and did another sample for the store, and also continued work on a long-term sample (that involves 8 balls of sock yarn or something obscene like that) but I keep forgetting to set the camera aside to bring it into work to load the pictures. Wouldn't have to if my own computer would just arrive. Did I mention that I'm waiting for my computer to arrive?

I'm also wanting to get back to a few other projects just to get them over and done with, but I can't find the pattern I need everytime I start to work on them.

I'm waiting to be able to sing. My speaking voice is back to nearly 100%. That is, for short periods of time, I sound normal to everyone, including myself. After the slightest bit of exertion (teaching for 2 hours, for example) I start sounding hoarse again. I can sing at about 70% power for one song, then I'm done for the next two days, whereas I used to be able to sing at 100% for several hours before having vocal stress, and then I was pretty much good again the next day.

I haven't yet had the energy to tackle the bedroom. I intended to, I really did, but everytime I walk in there, Aslan hops on the bed and coyly bats his eyes and chirps at me, and the debate between cuddling with a handsome guy like him or cleaning until I hurt doesn't seem to be that stirring an arguement.

I now feel as good as I ever have... but have had enough people tell me that, no, you actually aren't supposed to be ready for a nap two hours after waking up, so that I'm impatient with feeling as poorly as I've apparently felt most of my adult life. It seems I should have complained more. When I said "I'm tired" I shouldn't have let it drop. I should have pressed on. I should have been clear about exactly how tired I was. Then maybe this could have been fixed a decade ago, instead of me going through the surgery and the mess with my voice, and (oh yeah) the cancer.

It would appear I'm also waiting for the grumpiness to pass, but I'm sure no one else noticed that, right?

RIGHT?

That's what I thought.

So maybe tomorrow I'll have a barrage of photos and yarn reviews and maybe some of that (non-existant, RIGHT?) grumpiness will have passed too...

5 Comments:

Blogger Shelia said...

Oh, heck, grumpiness can be fun, especially if you have a blog to let it all out on. You're entitled, anyway, I know that it drives me crazy to be unable to sing when I've had an asthma attack or bronchitis. When you're used to belting out a song while puttering, or in the car, it almost feels as if you're disabled to do without that.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One is NOT supposed to be tired and/or grumpy? I've lived my life wrong.
sallyjo
P.S. You're not grumpy. You're dealing with CRS - Computer Related Stress. Oh, I forgot - that acronym is already taken...

5:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You call that grumpy?

Anyway, you're entitled.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Teri S. said...

It sounds like you are well on the way to recovery! Shoot, sometimes I want to take a nap 5 minutes after I get up. Usually the feeling passes. Anyway, sometimes you're just grumpy and that's okay. Be grumpy and let it go.

10:22 AM  
Blogger purlewe said...

did you not know that without angst there is no blog??

man if I had a dollar for every time someone said to me that I should have been more specific in my complaint. My response is "If I'm complaining, then it is specific. As I am NOT a complainer by nature" stick that in their pipe and smoke it.

Been thinking of you and when to come down...

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.