banner

Saturday, October 08, 2005

On the way home from something vaguely work-related today, I stopped by a bookstore. And there, something fell into my basket. Something that, frankly, if you don't have it yourself, I suggest you do some deep soul-searching to figure out why. It was this:
100_0936
Jackie French's Pete the Sheep-Sheep

It's about a sheep (named Pete, which is fortunate, considering the title) who does the work of a sheep-dog. So he's a sheep-sheep. And it's really, really, cute. Plus, there's the added benefit of being able to yell "sheep sheep!" gleefully at all the other cars on the road. You know. If you were into that sort of thing.

Ahem.

All day long it rained and rained - hard, loud, driving rain. Because of that, Oscar didn't get a whole lot of time outside to take care of certain doggie-business. I would open the door, he would run to the nearest tree (approximately two yards), pee, and run back inside. We did this twice. Then I had that vaguely work-related thing, so he got put in his room for a solid five hours. When I got home (and shouted "sheep sheep!" at the cats) I went quickly to his room, leaving the front door open behind me, and opened his bedroom door. For some reason, it didn't occur to me that a pitbull hearing nature's call might be slightly faster than I am in my girly heels. He is faster. A lot. So you know what this is?

100_0935
That is a very proud pitbull.

And he should be.

After whipping past me so fast the cats didn't have any time to shout "sheep sheep!" at him (which they thought would have been great fun) and vaulting over the couch (running around it wastes precious time) Oscar lunged to the open front door and...

stopped.

He sort of sat, sort of squirmed, sort of wriggled, but he didn't cross the threshold. He waited for me to attach his leash and walk him outside.

Extra treats for Oscar tonight.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jensgalore said...

What a good little guy! I wish our dog was that well-behaved. :)

9:44 PM  
Blogger Agnes said...

I love your Oscar, really, I really love him! ;)

9:52 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

good boy!





SHEEP SHEEP

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Oscar needs to come and give my Sam some behaviour lessons!

I love Jackie French. I was a bit concerned by the white(!) singlet on the cover of Pete, but Amazon showed the mandatory blue singlet on the inner pages. Whew! (Maybe the blue singlet is just an Australian icon?)

French writes great gardening books too - no nonsense self-sufficiency type stuff. I read, and I dream. One day.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Atta boy!

And I'm getting that book for me and the store first thing Monday morning. Charlie Needs a Cloak (my fave!) could use the company.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Amy Boogie said...

Aw - what a good boy!
He could teach one of my dogs a lesson or 2.

SHEEP SHEEP!!

I'm quite sheepish to say that I don't have that book, I will go out and buy it at the next opportunity.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Bess said...

Good dog! Good doggie!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good dog!
sallyjo

6:05 PM  
Blogger purlewe said...

hee!!! SHEEP SHEEP! *giggle

good boy. glad to hear that even when nature calls he is just as good as ever.

been thinking about you too, but don't have much to say other than I'm keeping you in my heart.

Hugs

10:21 AM  
Blogger Lanea said...

Who's a good boy? WHO'S A GOOOOOD BOOOOY! Good boy Oscar. Goooood Booooooy.
Sheep sheep! Sheep Sheep!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.