banner

Friday, December 09, 2005

Aslan is on the move


Um. No. Not that Aslan.

This Aslan.


Obviously, we saw The Chronicles of Narnia tonight!!!

It's a good review when the audience applauds at the end, don't you think?

To be honest, I was nervous apprehensive concerned terrified that they would ruin it. And the first five minutes didn't help my fears. It began with a WWII battle scene that looked like a cartoon and is not in the book (that is, they mention in something around one sentence that the children are sent away from London to save them from the war, but the details in the first five minutes are completely fictionalized) (yes, I know the whole book is fiction).

But once the children entered Narnia, I felt much better.

And there were some slight plot changes, and a few really hideous CGs and several just okay CGs (I'm not a fan of CG overall) and Aslan was no where what he is in my mind, but on the whole the movie was very good.

And then we came home and my own little Aslan got an extra cuddle and felt very regal...

So it was a good night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Chronicles of Narnia is my favorite set of books ever. I still read them every year and I don't have kids! I'm curious about the movie, but I don't think I want it to mess with the picture I have all Narnia in my head. I've had this picture in there for 30 years and I don't want to chance having the book change for me when it is different. That probably doesn't make sense.

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only read the books once, but I certainly don't see Aslan like that.
LotR got the geography right, but I didn't like the way they pictured a lot of the characters. So, maybe I'll skip this one.

9:29 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Hmmm.. Narnia. I think I'll go see the movie since I've never read the books.

Lella

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.