banner

Saturday, September 30, 2006

There are two major ways to tell if it's Autumn around here.

This is perhaps the most obvious.
100_0882

But the sweeter, more cuddly way, is to sit under nearly any blanket or lap cover in the house.

It's then that you'll find yourself trying to persuade Aslan that he is a Norwegian-Forest-Cat-for-crying-out-loud and is remarkably well suited to cooler temperatures (remember, I found this guy in a Buffalo NY blizzard!) It hasn't even dropped below 60 (15.5 C) in the house yet (well, maybe overnight) but as soon as you throw a cover over your lap, you'll have this handsome little puffball (who has fluffed all his silky hair out for maximum insulation) pawing at your arm and yelling at you until you lift the cover long enough for him to crawl underneath. Where it's warm. You know, above the bitter cold sixty degrees.




Ideally he'd like to be someplace super warm, reclining away while you fan him gently with palm fronds and feed him olives, but barring that, snoring loudly under my lap blanket is a pretty darn cozy place for him to be. For both of us.

Happy Autumn to all, and to all a good Fall!



~~~~~~~~
EDIT:
okay, can anyone tell me why the white background of my blog is only going partway down the screen?
I thought it was just my own computer issues since I was on dial up temporarily, but back on DSL the problem hasn't resolved itself, and it seems to look this way on more than one browser. Anyone know how to fix this?

6 Comments:

Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Six moths four weeks 2 days and we go on the Sea Cruise!

Time is flying by ....

Happy Sock Knitting,

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, our cats used to do the exact same thing... Drove me crazy.

BTW, I don't see an issue with the white background and am using IE.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great story about Aslan. I hadn't known how he came to your home.

I don't know how to fix your blog issue. But it's ok on IE 6. Messed up on Firefox, Netscape 7.2, & Netscape 8.1 *Laugh* Yes, I'm the browser queen. I normally use Firefox and I've been reading your blog for about a year I think. And it's always been messed up as far as the background goes.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am using firefox, and it is screwy. I just opened it in IE, and it is fine there. I guess it is just made to work on IE. Don't know how to change that.

12:20 AM  
Blogger KT said...

I have IE and your blog looks fine to me.
Snuggles to Aslan!

3:07 AM  
Blogger erica said...

With a quick look at your code, I think you might be closing one of your [div]'s too early, therefore causing the lighter green (white) background to stop at a certain point. Email me all of your template code from Blogger and I'll take a look at it. I love this kind of problem solving. I'll mess with it and see what I can do. I'm not making any guarantees.

A blanket on my lap always immediately draws the cats too. It's like "she's comfy, we must cuddle." Hopefully, poor Aslan won't freeze this winter when it gets to a *gasp* 50 degrees.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.