banner

Monday, March 19, 2007

Water-logged

I think if you know anything about me, you'd probably guess that my favorite color is green.

(I went through a line the other day, sometime early last week, while wearing a green cardigan. The woman who rang me up looked at me for a second and said "it's not St. Patrick's Day yet." with a very puzzled tone. Apparently, without my knowing, green has been outlawed for use other than March 17?)

Anyway, I do like green quite a lot, and would even if I weren't a pale redhead with green eyes. Green is easily my favorite color, but red takes a close second place. You wouldn't know this to look at my knitting. In fact, I was organizing some photos in Flickr the other day and I noticed something disturbing.



I appear to be drowning in water colors. (do you think it's the mermaid's influence?)

And though Sunday morning I started a new shawl for fun (the photo is in the top row, there, third from the left - note the green sheep stitch markers) I didn't have this drowning realization until Sunday evening.

I cannot be that predictable. I just refuse.

So I started this at about 9:30 this morning.



Note to self: design something red.

11 Comments:

Blogger Allena said...

i love greens and blues, but i'ma redhead too!
your sock is rockin!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Kadiddly said...

Green had better not be only allowed on St. Pat's, or my wardrobe would be in a terrible state. (Not that it isn't already, but you know what I mean!)

You know, if you get TOO tired of all those lovely greens, blues, purples, etc, you could send them out West...;)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Javajem said...

I'm with you on the green - I love green! Just look at my "craft room" - hehehe - it's the greenest - kermitity appletini green! I love it!

4:50 PM  
Blogger rho said...

and you looks so great in green too!! how funny is it that the word verification I am looking at right now is bright lime green :D

But I do understand - I have the same thing only in blues.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You? predictable?

LOL - You are sooooooooo funny
HA!

We love you JUST as UNpredictable that you are
We love the excitement!

LOL & Meow sss & Meow sss

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - We couldn't resist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN7r0wktRTE&mode=related&search=

Emma & Gracie

hee hee

8:57 PM  
Blogger Sacha said...

I'm also a fan of green. I always wear a green frog hat during the winter. Around St Patrick's Day, everyone suddenly asks me if I'm 'ready for St Patrick's Day.' I wear this hat all of te time and they suddenly notice. :p

11:00 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

You get to have all the greens that make me look yellow -- lucky you! I gravitate to the watery colors, too. And red. Love red right now!

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Elinor said...

I love water colors. They're so my favourites. I could knit them all the time. But instead I've been working on a pair of socks in orange/red/teal/purple, and want to do a sweater in gray. But if I had my way, everything I owned would be a shade of blue or green. I don't really blame you. ^_^

8:54 PM  
Blogger Kadiddly said...

Btw, what sock pattern is that? It's very pretty!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Robknits said...

I lined up some WIPs to take a picture a few months ago and discovered they were all in shades of teal and green. Took a look at the projects-in-waiting --- yup, all teal. So I put all the purple and lavender yarn from the stash on display in the living room, swatched some Kid Merino in fall colors, and began studying the red sock yarn in the stash. I love teal, but other colors provide some spice!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.