banner

Monday, March 19, 2007

Water-logged

I think if you know anything about me, you'd probably guess that my favorite color is green.

(I went through a line the other day, sometime early last week, while wearing a green cardigan. The woman who rang me up looked at me for a second and said "it's not St. Patrick's Day yet." with a very puzzled tone. Apparently, without my knowing, green has been outlawed for use other than March 17?)

Anyway, I do like green quite a lot, and would even if I weren't a pale redhead with green eyes. Green is easily my favorite color, but red takes a close second place. You wouldn't know this to look at my knitting. In fact, I was organizing some photos in Flickr the other day and I noticed something disturbing.



I appear to be drowning in water colors. (do you think it's the mermaid's influence?)

And though Sunday morning I started a new shawl for fun (the photo is in the top row, there, third from the left - note the green sheep stitch markers) I didn't have this drowning realization until Sunday evening.

I cannot be that predictable. I just refuse.

So I started this at about 9:30 this morning.



Note to self: design something red.

10 Comments:

Blogger StarKnits said...

i love greens and blues, but i'ma redhead too!
your sock is rockin!

3:36 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Green had better not be only allowed on St. Pat's, or my wardrobe would be in a terrible state. (Not that it isn't already, but you know what I mean!)

You know, if you get TOO tired of all those lovely greens, blues, purples, etc, you could send them out West...;)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I'm with you on the green - I love green! Just look at my "craft room" - hehehe - it's the greenest - kermitity appletini green! I love it!

4:50 PM  
Blogger rho said...

and you looks so great in green too!! how funny is it that the word verification I am looking at right now is bright lime green :D

But I do understand - I have the same thing only in blues.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You? predictable?

LOL - You are sooooooooo funny
HA!

We love you JUST as UNpredictable that you are
We love the excitement!

LOL & Meow sss & Meow sss

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - We couldn't resist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN7r0wktRTE&mode=related&search=

Emma & Gracie

hee hee

8:57 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I'm also a fan of green. I always wear a green frog hat during the winter. Around St Patrick's Day, everyone suddenly asks me if I'm 'ready for St Patrick's Day.' I wear this hat all of te time and they suddenly notice. :p

11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You get to have all the greens that make me look yellow -- lucky you! I gravitate to the watery colors, too. And red. Love red right now!

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love water colors. They're so my favourites. I could knit them all the time. But instead I've been working on a pair of socks in orange/red/teal/purple, and want to do a sweater in gray. But if I had my way, everything I owned would be a shade of blue or green. I don't really blame you. ^_^

8:54 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Btw, what sock pattern is that? It's very pretty!

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.