banner

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hats of Shame (feelin' crabby)

Laura beat me in our Shed-along by nearly a week.

However, I have an excuse explanation - when I should have been working on my Shedir, I was being thoroughly amused that a teal sock could emerge from a bright lime green ball,

and finishing the second Sock Ness Monster

(there are ends that need weaving, and eyes that need sewing, but let's count that as done, shall we?)

I was also spinning up this Tencel/Wool

into this four-ply thickish (I'll use a 2.75 mm needle) sock yarn,

and getting started on a toe,

I got started on this spinning


and on this sock, which is ticking me off.

It's that horrible new Tofutsies sock yarn that everybody's so crazy about, except that they all forget to mention that the yarn is crap. It has NO stretch, it's super splitty, and none of the colors I've seen allow for any pattern at all. And what makes me the most crabby about it is the darn thing feels so nice for a summer sock, and this magenta is so gorgeous, I may actually buy another ball...

But I did finally finish my Shedir (link is PDF) out of my handspun. I got distracted and did an extra repeat of the cable (what can I say? The Sheepman was on - romance, comedy, western, and baby sheepies... who can count knitting then?) so the hat is a little longer than I'd like. But with the cuff folded up, it'll do. (until I rip it down to that last repeat and fix it, which may happen eventually)

A winter hat looks a little odd among those spring weeds, doesn't it?
How's this shot on the woodpile:


My reward for finishing the Shedir, or for being an all around wonderful person in general, I'm not sure which, was this gorgeous bag from Sarah. Here's a closeup of the fabrics she chose

and proof that neither it, nor its contents, contain explosives, as verified by the family bomb-cat.


That very same family bomb cat claims he's inspecting the dog's bowl for explosives, but I don't believe it.

The little sneak steals food from the pitbull. Some people have no shame.

8 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

no worries, I still haven't actually posted FO shots of my shedir yet. :)

And those teal socks are beautimus.

I know just how you feel about the tofutsies. It's terribly splitty. But I do like the fabric it makes for a summer sock.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hat is crap, but I like the bag.

Excellent socks, and they actually look pretty matchy, even though they are like those weird twins that are born months apart.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely work, lovely projects. I don't blame you for getting side tracked. Linda

11:50 AM  
Blogger cindybmw2004 said...

Well, I have to say, I understand about the Tofutsies yarn, BUT, I am one of the ones that love it. I have all the colors and 4 pairs done. I am working on my 5th pair now. Other than that, I thought I would also let you know that I enjoy your blog and absolutely love your knitting. Thanks for the inspiration.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you've been busy :)

Nice that you've got such a good body-guard-cat :)

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it all, esp. the blue-green socks. Great spinning.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Probably Jane said...

Hurrah! Someone with as many socks-in progress as me! I may have to 'fess up soon.

I'm inspired by your spinning - one day...

4:21 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Amie, I saw your Sockness Monster socks at MS&W this weekend and fell in love with them, and then come to find out that you designed them! They rock! Great job!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.