banner

Friday, May 18, 2007

Emily tagged me in the current meme, seven random things about yourself. I could cheat and direct anyone interested in the answers to my sidebar, in which I have listed not one, not two, but THREE HUNDRED random things about myself, but clearly I get a little bit of happiness from making random lists, so I'm doin' another.

1. I have suffered from insomnia my entire life (which is why I'm doing this at 2:15 am, while listening to my "nocturnal" cats snore away. The dog doesn't pretend to be nocturnal, but he also doesn't snore.) (Trevor wants me to point out that he doesn't snore either, it's just Aslan.) (Aslan retorts with a witty "ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz")

2. I had a miserable stomach flu type thing earlier this week, and I'm ticked off at it (yes, the flu. I'm mad at the flu, you got a problem with that???) because apparently none of the things I like to eat (salty, sour, strong flavored things) are good for a sick stomach, and all of the things I hate (jello, pudding, flavorless goo) are. Screw you, flu, you suck and your momma dresses you funny.

3. My parents tell me they almost named me Emily, except that my mother a (now retired) teacher had a student who was a bit on the slutty side named Emily, and she was afraid it came with the name. Also, my initials would have spelled "EGG".

4. I can't stand tape. Seriously. Can't. Stand. It. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but the heebiejeebies tape gives me bear reinforcement. Literally, it makes me gag and I really need to stop typing this because even thinking about it is making me a little uncertain I've recovered from #2.

5. The two sports I will stop channel surfing to watch are ice hockey and equestrian events. This amuses me, because they seem like such polar opposites in a very snooty "classist" sort of way. The only sports I have interest in seeing in a stadium are equestrian.

6. The scariest thing to me in horror movies isn't blood and gore, but the sound of footsteps. I had a recurring nightmare (see #1, insomnia) for over 15 years that "featured" the footsteps of something chasing me through a forest, and the sound has terrified me since then.

7. I'm told that recurring nightmare isn't a "true" recurring nightmare, since technically those are supposed to be the same every time, and my dream morphed and grew as I did (when I was little having it, someone would have to carry me out of the forest, as I grew too old to be carried, I had to run alone) but my way makes more sense to me psychologically, since I think the subconscious grows with us, and dreams are supposed to be reflections there of, yes? Ha! I can even be a moderately intellectual insomniac! In your face, stomach flu!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Remind me to bring tape the next time I see you ;)

11:44 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Thanks for posting this! Your distaste of tape reminds me that I detest saran wrap, and was thinking of having that in my list! Glad you're feeling better from your stomach flu - those are the worst kind of ailments...

3:45 PM  
Blogger rho said...

When I am sick I crave Italian Food with lots of garlic -- or tomato soup with lots of saltines broken up in it....so I totally understand hating the stomach flu when it makes you need to eat things like jello (ugh - I hate jello)

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.