banner

Friday, June 29, 2007

Note to self...

Apparently, when they say "Contents under pressure may explode", by "contents" they mean "the shave gel" and by "pressure" they mean "temperatures above 100 degrees F"

....and by "may explode" they mean this

Ahem.

Well, when your hovel is a small tin box and the power goes, it gets nice and warm pretty quick. I was giving a cranky Oscar sponge baths because he was bordering on overheating, Trevor was just melted all over the place, and Aslan decided that was the best time to cuddle (there's something wrong with his internal thermostat, I swear).

Ten balmy hours later, at 2:30 in the morning, the power came back on, and my snugglebum kitty decided to hog all the cool.


(you can ignore the clothes strewn sexily behind him. It wasn't sexy at all, it was desparation. You may, instead, enjoy the little windblown fuzz on him, which is way cuter an image.)

Once the power was back and I was able to move more than three inches from a fan, I finished spinning this three ply BFL. I forgot to take an attractively posed photo of it, so here it is dripping dry in my (now shave-cream-less) shower.


Pardon the blurriness, it refused to stay still for the photo.

I rushed to ply that up because spinning is tonight and plying can be tempermental in a group. So tonight at spinning I'll bring along this 8 oz braid.

80% wool, 20% cashmere, and if you look close you can see trace elements of Aslan (it's pretty impossible to keep him away from goat fibers) I'm thinking it will become gloves and a hat, hard as it is to imagine that in this heat...

6 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

That's incredible! Of course I've read the warnings but I never heard of shaving cream actually exploding. Glad you documented that one :)

6:33 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Wow! I never thought it would really explode! I wonder how they ship it across hot regions of the country...

10:42 AM  
Blogger KT said...

Learn something new everyday! You should send it to Mythbusters or something!

What is it with the long haired kitties? Teddie tends to want to sit on your chest, and then proceeds to melt on you. Ugh!

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your shave gel.
That new fiber you are about to start spinning is beautiful. I cant wait to see how it spins up!!

9:19 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

Your cat is adorable!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hi Amie,
Wow,I can't believe it was that hot to explode a can of shave cream! (really I can, it was hot here last week, but not that hot!)

Did you get a new computer? Good to see you posting again.

Kim

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.