banner

Sunday, February 08, 2009

... it's what's for dinner

Yesterday I went into work for what I thought was going to be a nice, short, four-hour-or-so day. I wasn't hungry before I went in, and figured since it was a nice, short, four-hour-or-so day I didn't need to eat to prevent hunger.

Can you see what's coming here?

Yeah. Miscommunication meant I was there for eight hours, not four. By hour six, I had a headache and was feeling a little jittery.

And there were these dog cookies.

I would like to say I mean cookies shaped like dogs.

I don't.

In my defense, it was 100% organic, vegetarian, mostly rolled oats with some apples and coconut, sweetened with honey, brown sugar and with yogurt icing.

Dammit, I ate a dog treat, and if I had to, I'd do it again.

You have to admit it - if this is what stood between you and certain death (or at least certain crankiness) you'd probably give in, too.
it's what's for dinner

It was actually pretty good.

6 Comments:

Blogger rho said...

doesn't look too bad and the ingredients sound pretty much like any cookie :)

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went into a corner grocery to look around. they had their own butcher shop inside, and they had these cool treats that sounded delicious, until I realized they were for dogs. (They had liver in them. That should have been a giveaway.)I was tempted....

(My magic word is "xylyst." "Yes, I am a Julliard-trained xylyst.")

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amester -
Good ingredients - no harm done...
I want to know if you ate it out of a doggie bowl?

Love you!

mew,
Nancy

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A dry biscuit with pretty icing is fine, easy to explain...but I've actually looked at canned cat food and thought about Chef Boyardee...

7:40 PM  
Blogger weebug said...

i'm right behind you on that, it doesn't look too bad at all!

10:18 PM  
Blogger TGL said...

When my mom was a little girl her big sisters gave her a dog biscuit to eat and told her it was a cookie. She ate it happily but didn't understand why they were laughing so hard. She said it just tasted like a stale graham cracker. What you ate sounds like what they sell in Whole Foods as all-natural kiddie treats!

Luann

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.