banner

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Bunnies we are not

You may have heard the Mid-Atlantic had a bit of a snow sprinkling today.

A little over a week ago, I needed the AC in my home. Today at about three pm, it looked like this:




































Taking the dogs out involved coats, obviously.

It also involved Oscar, who is bigger and stronger, bounding bravely and happily through the snow, and Liberty, who is shorter, lighter, and not a fan of temperatures below 65F, only able to follow in his tracks, muttering foul things about me under her breath.




























On occasion, Oscar would veer off course to use the bathroom...





























...leaving Liberty stuck up to her chin (and only that shallowly because she doesn't weigh enough to get all the way to the ground) until I could make my way to her to break her loose.


























(I will spare her dignity and not show you a photo of when the wind blew her hood over her eyes, she got disoriented, and got herself wedged head-first in a snow drift with just her little red butt sticking out)



When Oscar decided he was done, he went back up his path, with Liberty, thankful at last, following behind.






































And at eight pm, my AC looks like this:





































And I have a self-made pit bull-rito that looks like this:
(you have no idea how mortified Oscar would be if he knew he was touching another dog while he slept)

3 Comments:

Blogger Walden said...

Poor Liberty!

10:51 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Awww, I'm with Liberty on this one! There are some body bits that just aren't to be in contact with snow!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous k said...

I have those same curtains...
It's good that Liberty has a big brother.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.