banner

Thursday, June 23, 2005

First, pictures from my "lunch" yesterday -

Five balls (totalling 1200 yards) of Crystal Palace Kid Merino... I don't know if you can pick up the color real well in that shot - I hope the off-white pillow and bright scarf give some contrast - but it's the most delicate pale sage green... really lovely. I've already cast on and done the first row of a shawl I'm designing. It'll be a dickens if I have to rip it, so my usual design-on-the-fly method is going to be interesting!

I've started packing up my bag to bring to the hospital, and it's loaded up with the important things

You can see the Kid Merino, there's a copy of Knitting on the Edge, some orange-y ribbon yarn and a copy of the Shapely Tank pattern. You can't see the psychadelic lace, or the (finished) angel scarf beneath.

What? I'll need to bring clothes? Hmm... well, I'll have to stuff something in there somewhere. Eh.

In my concern with other things, I neglected to keep a proper eye on my fuel gauge. I'm normally very good about this. But as I was leaving work last night I noticed the idiot light flashing. Now, I have an Echo. I can easily get all the way home from work (30 miles one way) without concern about running out of gas, and the stations by me are significantly cheaper than in Annapolis, so it's a reasonable attempt. But as I was careening down (up?) 97 to meet GB for dinner, all of a sudden sweet Norman lost power and I managed to pull over just before he passed out completely. After many calls to GB's cell phone (tell me why he has to have two and can't answer either???) he did the exact right thing and said nothing more than "I'll be there in 20 minutes" when I told him where I was. And 20 minutes later, like a white knight, he came riding up, lights flashing in the government van, and rescued me...

Yup... This is a guy I'm looking forward to coming home to Saturday...

(and a side note - I'm really glad Rachel got eliminated last night. It was a shame that any of them had to go, but she was absolutely my least favorite, and the way the two (ahem MALE) judges fawned over her I thought for sure she'd stick around...)

8 Comments:

Blogger erica said...

Amie, I am sending you lots of healing vibes. I'll be thinking and praying for you tomorrow.

And I hope you're not too scared over the anethesia. With my wisdom teeth, carpal tunnel surgeries and trigger thumb surgeries, my advice is just relax and think about how it will all be over before you know it. Then you just sleep the rest of the day. It's weird to be so out of it for a day but I just looked at it as a day to relax and sleep without feeling guilty about it.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

We have some of that same sage green yarn in our stash as well as some pink. It is a bear to rip out!

My thoughts are with you for tomorrow. Like the nurse said, it is OK to be scared. Just know that there are lots of us out here who love you and who are rooting for you!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Try to relax and enjoy your doctor sanctioned 'extra long nap'...

dragonridermom

11:57 AM  
Blogger Jensgalore said...

I was NOT happy about Rachel going. She and John are definitely the best dancers. Kelly, well, last night was the first night she wasn't just awful.

Good luck with your operation!

12:45 PM  
Blogger vi said...

ok what time tomorrow morning amie?
I imagine something like 7 or 8 am
ok now remember I will sit on your shoulder and whisper in your ear.....
they will see you smiling

you will be fine amie......
as you have to meet us again up in rhinebeck
see
?
love from
vi

3:01 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Wishing the very best for you tomorrow. Take courage - all will be well.

7:24 PM  
Blogger KatyaR said...

Good luck to you tomorrow--I'll be thinking of you. It'll be a breeze!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope your up to 100% really soon.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.